5 Types Of Digital Marketing
1. Search Engine Marketing & PPC
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is one of the most primary types of Digital Marketing services that help businesses gain market online via Ads on search engines such as Google, Bing or Yahoo.
SEM assists in optimizing the brand presence and conversions for businesses through paid and unpaid advertising.
“Search marketing is the process of gaining traffic and visibility from search engines through both paid and unpaid efforts.”- Search Engine Land
Unpaid SEM is SEO while Paid SEM is PPC.
In this section, we will mainly focus upon PPC, which is one of the speediest types of Digital Marketing channels that drive targeted traffic to your web pages and related services.
PPC can be understood as buying traffic via paid search listings that help marketers get more web traffic through desktop and mobile web searches.
There are different synonyms and acronyms related to SEM such as Paid search ads, Paid search advertising, PPC (pay-per-click), PPC (pay-per-call), CPC (cost-per-click), and CPM (cost-per-thousand impressions).
The formula to calculate PPC is- Pay per click ($) = Advertising cost ($) ÷ Number of ad clicks
PPC types of Digital Marketing helps marketers channelize an Online Advertising System for driving online traffic to their websites by paying a certain price to the publisher when their paid Ad is clicked. Entities involved in PPC Advertising are-
- Product Seller
- PPC Marketer
- Landing Page
- Landing Page Provider
- The viewer or the Visitor
PPC or Paid SEM is best for the businesses that have a good spending plan and want to use the best ways to gain traffic and ensure better online recognition in the quickest turnaround.
Using such types of Digital Marketing needs AdWords experts who can exploit the paid advertising in the most targeted and result driven campaigns.
2. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search Engine Optimization helps marketers enhance the ranking of a site or website page in the unpaid “organic” search lists and with SEO types of Digital Marketing services, businesses can make their website pages rank higher in the SERPs by increasing visibility, reach, authority and Alexa scores.
SEO helps you gain higher positions in search results via organic means that help you get more activity, awareness, traffic, digital branding, lead generation, and conversions.
Search Engine Optimization works around some of the well-characterized set of principles such as optimizing a page for specific Keywords, and managing links from different sites that also use your kinds of keywords, and so forth.
Manipulating Search Engine framework is no more a prudent practice as your site can be penalized via Google’s Penguin update.
Some Of The Notable SEO Practices Are:
- High-Quality Content
- Guest Blogging
- Images and Videos
- Public Relations
- Direct Mail
- Social Presence
- Collateral Material
- Meta Data
- Brand Evangelism, etc.
Different Steps Involved In Making A Site SEO Friendly Are:
1. Choosing SEO Friendly Website Domain
2. Knowing SEO Tactics & Methods
- White Hat SEO
- Black Hat SEO
3. Use of SEO friendly Design & Layout
4. Optimization of Keywords, Meta Tags, Title and Anchor
5. Link Building and Mobile SEO
6. Knowing activities performed by Search engines such as crawling, indexing, processing, calculating relevancy and retrieving results
7. On Page and Off Page SEO
8. SEO Copywriting, etc
SEO is one of the most evergreen Digital Marketing Types that help businesses enjoy great recognition in front of their target base and the needed authority and reputation in the eyes of Search Engines as well.
3. Social Media Marketing (SMM)
Social Media Marketing is the youngest and most popular types of Digital Marketing that help marketers advance their brand image in the most powerful and trendy manner.
SMM is nowadays preferred by different businesses for optimizing the image of a brand, business, product, or an individual. We all are mostly aware of different Social networks around us such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Snapchat Pinterest, etc.
In addition to these, there are niche networks, discussions, forums, dynamic blog groups and the places wherever two-way discussion happens comes under the radar of Social Media Marketing.
Creating and distributing quality content in a well-targeted manner is the base of successful SMM campaigns.
Different Steps To Successful Social Media Marketing
- Write a Social Media Playbook
- Align your company with your plan
- Schedule an hour each week to Schedule post
- Create a Content Bank
- Post Relevant Content
- Treat All Social Channels Separately
- Do Reporting and Reanalyzing
The latest in Social Media Marketing is Social Media Ads that businesses should know how to use to ensure better use of these platforms. Let us understand different types of Ads that you can run on Social Channels-
Types Of Facebook Ads
- Photo Ads
- Video Ads
Types Of LinkedIn Ads
- Display Ads
- Sponsored InMail
- Sponsored content
- Text Ads
- Dynamic Ads
Types Of Twitter Ads
- Promoted Tweets
- Promoted Account
- Promoted Trends
Types Of Instagram Ads
Types Of Snapchat Ads
- Snap Ads
- Sponsored Geofilters (for larger companies) or on-demand Geofilters (for smaller brands)
- Sponsored lenses
Businesses that see their target audiences on Social networks should always opt for these types of Digital Marketing, as it quite easily widens the reach of businesses and ensures better branding and recognition and hence conversions.
4. Email Marketing
Email marketing is one of the oldest types of Digital Marketing that is still highly contemporary and fruitful. Marketers use emails for developing relationships with their potential and existing customers that help them generate leads and ensure their conversions.
Email Marketing includes the best ways to establish deeper relationships with a wider audience for the nominal cost than your total spends on traditional media.
Via Emails, you can enjoy 6 times Click Through than Tweets.
The Digital World incorporates 3 times more Email Accounts compared to Facebook & Twitter combined.
Goals Of An Email Marketing Campaign Are-
- Driving new signups for specific products and services
- Creating new and powerful leads for your sales team
- Targeting more attendees for your event in a result driven manner
- Converting more leads for your cause
Steps That You Need To Use To Run Email Marketing Campaigns Are-
- Know the components of Email Campaigns
- Know ways to get permission for Email Sign Up
- Use effective Email Marketing Content & Landing Pages
- Avoid being spammed and black-listed
- Use best Email Automation Tools
- Do Segmentation and utilize Email Marketing Metrics
- Use Email Marketing Follow Ups
Different Email Marketing Components That You Can Use Are-
- Event Invitation
- Marketing Offer
Email Marketing is advisable for all kinds of businesses as it is highly cost-effective and considered as the best types of Digital Marketing that ensure best conversions.
5. Content Marketing
Content Marketing is one of the most important types of Digital Marketing that revolve around the management and execution of different written, engaging, downloadable and visual Digital Media Content.
Content Marketing focuses on attracting and converting targeted audiences into customers by designing, publishing, promoting, distributing and sharing valuable and relevant free content on different digital marketing channels. According to Copyblogger-
Content marketing means attracting and transforming prospects into customers by creating and sharing valuable free content.
Things To Pay Heed To When Making A Content Marketing Plan
- Your target audiences
- The problem your Content is going to solve
- USP of your Content Marketing Campaign
- Possible Content Marketing formats you can use
- Possible channels to publish and share your content
- Awareness about Content Management System, Content creation, curation, and publication
Best Content Marketing Techniques
- Podcast & Webinars
- Workbook & Template
- Landing Page
- Social Media
5 Steps To Do Content Marketing
- Define your Goal and Conduct Persona Research
- Determine a Content Management System & Brainstorm Content Ideas
- Know Which Types of Content Would be Best Fit for Your Business
- Start a Blog and Post at least Once a Week
- Publish and Manage your Content
Content is the base of all types of Digital Marketing and having a proper Content Marketing Strategy ensures better creation, channelization, and conversions for a business.